FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 7, 2014
For more information: 404-223-1200
Foreverfamily Announces New Members to Board of Directors and National Advisory Board
Atlanta, GA—Foreverfamily, a National youth development and family advocacy nonprofit organization serving children of the incarcerated, announces the addition of eight new members to its Board of Directors and Advisory Board to support the organization’s strategic direction.
According to Board President Diana McDonald, “a key component of a results driven organization is the individual leaders who are involved.” To that end, McDonald is pleased to appoint:
National Board of Directors
- Dr. Stacey Bouchet, Principal, Bouchet and Associates—Strategic Consulting for Social Change, Baltimore, MD
- Donovan Duncan, Director of Development, Cuyahoga Metropolitan Housing Authority, Cleveland, OH
- Dr. Terrence Gattis, Senior Pastor, Mt. Olive Baptist Church, Stockbridge, GA
- Theatis (Theo) Anderson, Campus President, Herzing University- Atlanta Campus, Atlanta, GA
National Advisory Board
- Dr. Alyssa Hadley Dunn, Assistant Professor of Teacher Education, Michigan State University, Lansing, MI
- Commissioner Joan Garner, Fulton County Commissioner, District 6, Atlanta, GA
- Dr. Brian McGregor, Behavioral Health Disparities Researcher, Division of Health Policy, Satcher Health Leadership Institute, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- Jihad Uhuru, Author, Founder, Wake Up Everybody Foundation, Inc., Decatur, GA
McDonald believes each new member brings significant subject matter expertise that will complement the already diverse boards in setting and implementing the agency’s priorities. In September, Foreverfamily’s boards will come together for the agency’s Annual Board Retreat to adopt a new strategic plan, which will guide the organization over the next three years in preparation for its 30th Anniversary.
This year’s retreat culminates with the board’s annual fundraiser, the 5K4Kids, which is to be held on Saturday, September 27, 2014 at 2:00pm in Piedmont Park. To register or inquire about sponsorship opportunities, visit www.foreverfam.org.